If you want to use Skype without creating Microsoft account? Actually, it is possible. Here in this article, you will find how to do that.
Skype is one of the most popular services that lets you make free voice and video calls all across the globe for free. All you need is a Microsoft account.
There are lots of users who want to use Skype without an account and if you’re reading this article that means you’re one out of them. Right?
Up till now, this was not possible, but the company has released the major update for the service. Now users will able to use the Skype without a Microsoft account. The bonus is that you can also start a conversation without a Skype account. Cool right? Actually, it is.
With the help of this Skype new feature, the users will able to use all the basic features of the Skype web version which are:
- Make Video calls
- Group Chats
- Make Voice calls
- Share photos and files
- Send Emoticons and Mojis
Under basic functionality, you can invite upto 25 users to a Skype video or voice conference as well as upto 300 users to a Skype group chat.
Users who want to use Skype without an account will able to start the conversation using a special guest account. For security reasons, this Skype special guest account will active for 24 hours, after that time is up the Skype account accompanied with data will expire.
Tip: In case, you want to keep this data for the future purpose, then you can do that just by creating a free Skype account.
As of writing this article, users who want to use Skype as a guest (without Microsoft account) need to use the web version of the Skype from a PC or laptop. What this means is that this feature is not available for smartphone users for a hidden reason.
In my opinion, this is one of the best move played by the Microsoft. The Skype’s new Guest User feature will definitely attract lots of valuable users.
In case, you also want to give a try to Skype without an account. Here is what you need to do:
1. Launch any web browser on your computer and visit skype.com
2. On the homepage of the Skype web version, you will see a new big button named as “Start a conversation“. Simply click on it.
Note: If you’re already logged into Skype, you will not see this Start a conversation button.
3. In the next dialog box, you will be asked to enter your name or nickname. This name will be used for your Skype conversations.
4. After entering the name, click on the “Blue Start a conversation” button.
5. Now give few seconds to the service so that it can create a new conversation. You will see the message “We’re creating your conversation“
Here is how it looks like:
6. To start a conversation with your friends you need to provide them a unique link which can be clearly seen on the screenshot. You can also invite your friends via email.
For more details, you can check the official video released the company:
Why don’t you give a try to this feature of the Skype web version? At let me know what you think about in the comments. You can also start a new conversation with me on Skype. Here is my special guest link for Skype.